The Type of Information Our Website Collects and It Is Used
To gauge our website’s effectiveness and to collect statistical and demographical data on how our website is used, we gather general information that is not readily identifiable with any one visitor in particular.
Our web server can identify the visitors’ IP address, the webpage from which he accessed our website, the date and time they visited, and the amount of time they spend at our website. However, any specific details related to our visitors remains confidential.
The reason for collecting generic data on our visitors is to help us devise ways to improve our website and its services, troubleshooting server issues, and for monitoring the traffic flow to our website.
However, we do have reason to occasionally share statistical data and demographic information about our visitors with our marketing partners. But this data relates to our visitors as a whole and in no way disclose personal information about our site users or their identity.
The Information Received by Ad Networks on Our Website
Various ad networks have permission to display ads on our website.
These networks also collect generic information on users visiting our site to better facilitate targeted advertising that relates specifically to you and your interests. Even though you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising at any time, you won’t, however, be able to opt-out of receiving ads altogether. But it should be noted here that these generic advertisers do not have access to any of your personal information.
Our visitors are free to make comments on the site. But the responsibility for the content of these comments lies solely with the commentator, information that may or may not contain personal information.
We bear no responsibility for how advertisers use personal information provided freely by the commentator in the comments section. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to edit or remove such comments as we see fit if they contain content we deem inappropriate or erroneous or for any other reason.
Links to Other Websites
Our website has links to other websites that may ask visitors to provide personal information like your name, address, phone number, and email address, as well as links to your social media pages.
Rights and Choices for California Residents
The CCPA provides California residents with certain rights regarding their personal information. This section covers your CCPA and explains how they are applied. Be aware, though, these rights do not apply to certain California residents if said information is designated as “excluded information” as explained above. The CCPA does not extend these rights to B2B communications.
California Residents’ Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights.
You have the right to request that the company provide you with certain information about how they collected your personal information over the past 12 months. But first, we will need to verify the identity of the person making the request. After your identity has been verified, we will disclose to you the following information, depending on your request:
- The categories of information collected
- The source of the information collected for each category
- The purpose of our business collecting the information
- The specific personal information we collected about you (which you can make copies of.).
- Two separate list disclosures:
- That we did not sell any of your personal information
- The personal information categories for each obtained for each recipient
Deletion Request Rights for California Residents
California residents have the right to request we delete any personal information we collected on them, barring certain exceptions. First, we must verify your identity. Then we will delete (and ask our service providers to delete) any personal information in our records, again, barring any exceptions. You’ll have to contact any related entities directly about deleting any personal information they may have on you in their system.
We may, of course, deny your deletion request to retain said information is vital for us and our service provider(s) to:
- Complete a transaction that we collected the information, and to provide the goods and services you requested. Take reasonable actions for a transaction involving an on-going business transaction with you or to execute a contract with you.
- Detect security issues, guard against malicious, fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activity, or to prosecute any parties involved in such activities.
- Debug products to isolate and fix errors associated with on-going functions.
- Exercise freedom of speech, ensure the first amendment rights of others to provided under the law.
- Compliance with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Participate in public or peer-reviewed historical, scientific, and statistical research for public benefit – which adheres to existing ethics and privacy laws. When the deletion of such information would likely render researching information you have previously given informed consent to virtually impossible, or at the very least seriously impair it.
- Enable exclusive use aligned with the reasonable expectations of the consumer based on an on-going relationship.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Make related, internal, and legal use of said information that is compatible with the context in which you provided.
We may also limit the extent to which you can delete information under applicable law.
Non-discrimination Against California Residents
We are prohibited from discriminating against you for exercising your CCPA rights. Unless otherwise permitted by CCPA, we will not:
- Deny any goods or services to you
- Modify prices to you for goods and services, including discounts and other benefits, or impose additional penalties.
- Provide you with a substandard level of goods and services.
- Intimate to you that you may be given a different price or rate for goods and services or a substandard level of goods and services.
However, we may extend to you certain financial incentives permitted under CCPA, that could result in different prices, rates, or the level of quality. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentives we may offer depend largely on how much value our company place in your personal information and the written terms associated with the agreement. Participation in such a financial incentive program requires your prior consent to opt-in, which you are free to revoke at any time. At present, we do not offer any financial incentives to our users.